Second Skin Audio

Subs similar to an Fi SSD 12" dvc 2ohm?

Its going into my 2000 Ford Taurus. My max box dimensions are 14.5in height x 26in depth x 36in witdth. The trunk is completely sealed off from the cabin as well.

Well you aren't goint to fit a 15 with only 14.5 inches of height. So a 12 it is.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Yeah I just thought of that lol dont know how I didnt notice that. Im sure the ssd 12 in a correctly tuned box will more than out perform my current dual 12 inch pioneers in a the sealed box there in. Im selling the pioneers today and using that money to order my ssd.

Yeah I just thought of that lol dont know how I didnt notice that. Im sure the ssd 12 in a correctly tuned box will more than out perform my current dual 12 inch pioneers in a the sealed box there in. Im selling the pioneers today and using that money to order my ssd.

That is very much possible depending on the design of the ported box.

And I originally posted the Fi Q bc I seen one on ebay for a reasonable price used but the seller only wants local pickup but he lives too far from me to pickup. Now Im very excited to get the SSD 12 now. I owned a 15" Fi Q a few years ago and the guy a bought it from had it hooked up to a kicker 2500.1 in a ported box (Not sure what it was tuned to) but it felt like I couldnt breath in his Jeep when it hit really low. Wish I wouldve never sold that **** thing. I loved it more than any other sub Ive ever owned.

Should I add any of the options to the sub? Such as Flatwind coil, Cooling, Internal Lead?

It's not necessary for the amp you are using, maybe flatwind coil. Certainly don't take the high QTS version since you are going to put it in a ported box.

What does the flatwind coil do for the sub? And also would a sundown audio sa-12 be the same if not better than the ssd? Just wondering bc Im wanting to save a lil money but if the ssd is better/more efficient then I dont mind spending the extra cash to get it.

What does the flatwind coil do for the sub? And also would a sundown audio sa-12 be the same if not better than the ssd? Just wondering bc Im wanting to save a lil money but if the ssd is better/more efficient then I dont mind spending the extra cash to get it.

(A tiny bit extra power handling) and more importantly, more motor strength which makes it more efficient.

I choose the SSD over the SA-12 personally because Fi has a better performance/quality/dollar ratio.

And also because it's all built in house in the USA (even though i'm not american, nor live in America).

Ok well Im sold now after getting more info on both the ssd 12 and the sundown sa-12. Got any ideas on a ported sub enclosure design for the ssd by chance? And also what gauge speaker wire should I use for the ssd to be safe and make sure its getting the power that it wants?

The guy that has the Fi Q 12 is willing to ship it to me if I cover the shipping cost. He is wanting 120 for it without shipping cost. He said that it will need to be reconed in the near future but works fine as of now. Would it be better to just but the Q 12 instead of the SSD?

Archived