Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

box design help for 2 10's


rustyrex

Recommended Posts

Posted

I recently picked up some old but BNIB mtx thunder 4500 10's. I have tried every box calculator I can find and even Torre's but I am having a hard time with a box design. Is anyone able to help me out please. I have max dimension of 13 high, 11 top depth, 15 bottom depth, and anywhere from 30-33 wide. I'd like to tune somewhere between 34&36 with a slot port. I appreciate any and all help.

Posted

Not to sound like a ding dong but what difference does my car make if you say my max dimensions aren't big enough? These are the dimensions I have, I can't make the car bigger lol. I built a box for 2 Rockford p2 12s and it worked out fine. The problem I'm having is this time I need to use a slot because I can't get my hands on aero ports. My old 12s box was 3.5 cubes tuned to 34htz. I'm pretty sure I can fit a smaller box then that I just can't figure out the tuning and airspace. I normally runs 12s I'm not familiar with 10s and how I should tune them or the airspace I should use. If it matters its a 1995 civic hatchback

Posted

MTX recommends 1.45 net per sub, tuning is to your taste (34-36Hz you mention is fine), based on the car model you should have some extra depth, if that's the case you will likely need some of it. Pretty hard to work with slot ports in slanted boxes and it will take a lot of internal airspace, you usually port to the driver's side with a round port leaving some clearance to the side.

Posted

I can do slot ports of need be. It seems like it will be the way to go. I can get another inch of depth top and bottom but that's it. I need room for my amps. I'm already pushing it in every dimension.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

So I built the box but had to change the dimensions a little. I wound up with 2.78 cubes after sub displacements. I'm using 3" aero ports. Unfortunetly the longest port I can fit is 7.25" long. Using two ports I figured out my tuning will be about 40. What are your opinions on this tuning?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11002 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...