squeak Posted April 1, 2015 Report Posted April 1, 2015 Hello, can somebody design me a box? It is for 2 Fi SSD 12's D1s powered by a soundqubed 2200d amp. The box will be going in a 95 GMC extended cab. I will be folding up the back seat so the max dimensions are 57" x 12" deep x 20" tall. I want a ported box tuned to around 32 with subs and port facing forward. I've never built a box before so a cut sheet and maybe some pictures would really be helpful. Thanks in advance.
squeak Posted April 1, 2015 Author Report Posted April 1, 2015 Also if you guys have better tuning recommendations let me know. I listen to everything from country to rap, and also some of decafs music. Once again I am no expert on all of this stuff so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Joe X Posted April 18, 2015 Report Posted April 18, 2015 If you are too close to the front seats I would try firing up.
squeak Posted April 18, 2015 Author Report Posted April 18, 2015 right now i have the box 18" tall x 12" deep x 53" wide which gives me about 5.16 cubes. the thing i cant figure out is how to do the port. it always comes out messed up no matter what i try. and i still have about 2 inches betweent the subs and the seats so i'm fine in that area. just need help with this port stuff.
Joe X Posted April 18, 2015 Report Posted April 18, 2015 So here is your request (I don't like very much what you are wanting to do but whatever), power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide, Bracing is a couple of front to back crossbraces going through the port wall:
squeak Posted April 18, 2015 Author Report Posted April 18, 2015 Thank you, and I don't know how else I would be able to do it without completely removing the back seat to get more room. If you have better suggestions man im all ears. I am a noob.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.