Name: Toyota Celica (2001)
Date Added: ÚTE_ADDED%
Owner: taste the bass
Short Description: Wide Body Kit
3 15's wall Build

Orion HCCA on 1ohm off a SAZ 3000D

2 Sundown SA-15's on 2 ohms of a Belva 5000D (couldn't afford another sundown lol)

Custom box

Custom ISC Coil-overs were added to compensate for the weight increase, handles like a dream!

First started by moving the rear speakers upfront

066_zpsr3skuwpz.jpg

Fat-mat the entire car with a bulk-pack 100^2 ft

Card board cut outs

033_zpsvgfld03h.jpg

037_zpsi1v45ksz.jpg

Roof was finished after picture was taken lol

035_zpsnnl6qoao.jpg

The Celica has a rather complicated interior, after stripping the car I realized the frame had a bar running across the floor horizontally behind the seats. This instantly ruled out any kind of square or rectangle box. The closest shape that could be fit in the car for maximum cubic feat was that of an hour glass. As I found out there was 100 ways this box would NOT fit in my car, it was up to me to find the one way..

Attempted to assemble box outside of car, a lot of modification had to be made to the original plans to get it to clear the roof

041_zpsnisexeec.jpg

049_zpsfoyfbtr1.jpg

055_zpsxecjztso.jpg

Had to pre-wire the two batteries (going under the box) a bit nerve racking to have live wires around so much metallic fat mat while I finished the install... even with electric tape

Yes I had to get yellow tops and not power XS like I wanted... I live in Hawaii and got quoted $350 plus another $400 shipping per D3100!!!

No Craigslist or local response either.. sound game is pretty week here in the islands everyone is rocking wall-mart kickers... Found a yellow top dealer for very cheap in the ghetto and grabbed 3

really hoped I did my math/measurements right during fitment, haha by this point it was a completely different box than my original blue prints

063_zpswmd7rine.jpg

057_zps2fy00y4u.jpg
059_zpsqs5fpmvd.jpg

053_zpsyfenozsr.jpg

073_zps5vbyfao8.jpg

078_zpsecigshrh.jpg

084_zpscuozbyvs.jpg

View Vehicle

car is so dirty

070_zpsaclmz6dm.jpg

090_zpsf6lepetk.jpg

It started getting dark in there ! lol

102_zpstulmfghk.jpg

104_zpsdexwjssa.jpg

114_zpscx4x8cvn.jpg

It aint all fun and games here in Hawaii ^^^

121_zpsf5knhobc.jpg

123_zps53idjcxp.jpg

125_zpsv59rd1bg.jpg

Still breaking them in but dawm the windshield flex! I can even pull some half decent hair tricks with some good decafe

Still got some carpeting to do, I want to do something a bit unique, Ive been looking into shag rugs or something with long fibers to be my subs "toy" I probably will end up doing the roof and the rest of the interior the same fabric, maybe even on the dash if it looks good enough.

Until then ill just see how much noise violation tickets I can rack up lol this is going to be used as my daily system to school

I gotta ask. Y u runuing orion and sundown subs at the same time? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be louder and sound better with just the sundowns?

can you explain your box? looks like it ports in to a 2nd box but also vents out the top? and seems REALLY small for 3-15s...

EDIT: after closer looking to the pics, i see the 15s are in one box that has a vent in the back that ports into another box, then that box has 2 squares cut to vent air into a 3rd thin box that then is connected to your main port which looks like a horn?

what is this tuned at? with all the small vents from box to box, theres got to be no tuning at all, just random wind. im no pro but it seems like youd be much better off selling the orion and building a SQUARE box for them... dont make all those little pieces to fit everywhere, just use one flat sheet to go over that support bar.

OR.... spend the time and just fiberglass a box in the car.

Yup that's exactly how it works, its essentially two boxes connected together with a top u port on the front box.

By the final design I ditched many of the corner pieces and just went with the flattest simplest designs possible, (lost a lot of box volume tho!)

Fiberglass would have been ideal, Ive just never really worked around it before; Ive had much more wood shop experience with furniture. lol This was a little home garage project i did over spring break, playing around with box building for the first time, all cuts were completed with a sawzall

Tuning was really random, i was able to to estimate the tuning frequency of both boxes separately but i had no idea how they would react together, just experimenting really. lol I played around with "Torrers Box Tuning calculator" to noticed a pattern in port to box ratios and incorporated that into the box.

Before this I only had the HCCA in a medium sized box (60% of the trunk) it was tuned to 34hz and i gotta say this box takes on the lows so much better,

I gotta ask. Y u runuing orion and sundown subs at the same time? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be louder and sound better with just the sundowns?

I would love to replace the Orion with a higher level sundown but cost is an issue for me, I picked up the Orion HCCA for $250 on Craigslist just re-coned. I would rather run the Orion than another sa-15, while tuning the two amps (with one off at a time) the Orion seemed to be pulling a bit more weight than the two sundowns. SQ was a little better on SA's i figure the Orion could be tuned a little better.

Archived