Second Skin Audio

Installation Cost For Trunk Build..

Shops I'm Considering: Car Tunes Advanced in Allen Park, RKST's in Pontiac, and Presidential Auto Works in Wixom

Vehicle: Gbody Monte Carlo SS

Equipment in hand: 2 subwoofers; 2 amps ; secondary battery

Needed: Custom (although pretty straight forward) trunk install including: enclosure, beauty panels, 2x amp install, and battery

Ok guys, I'm just looking for a general estimation of labor cost (including shops wiring) for a pretty straight forward build in a Monte Carlo SS. In short, I want an enclosure housing two 12" drivers, I'd like the back to be plexiglass, but I'm willing to compromise on that). A false floor, underneath in which the amps are housed. The false floor would have a chevy bowtie logo, covered by a black mesh/screen material so the amps can breathe. Behind the beauty panel on the right, the secondary battery would be housed. Behind the beauty panel on the left, misc. items would be stored. The false floor needs to be able to lift up or be removed. No actuators, just lifting up. The materials in the trunk would be black carpet or vinyl and black suede.

How much should something like this run? Here are some pics for you to get an idea:

23h0gzl.jpg

ng1ztj.jpg

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported

Your looking at thousands of dollers man. Do it your self and learn some things along the way. You will save a lot of money and also have the pride to say"Yes I did that my self" and you will know how to take it apart if something goes wrong

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Archived