d-nice88 Posted April 4, 2015 Report Posted April 4, 2015 ok so i know i asked this before but i want to make sure was unsure of the answers before last time i ask this but will a box with 39W" x 28D" x 16H" with the port 14.50" tall x 3" wide x 32.55" long
d-nice88 Posted April 5, 2015 Author Report Posted April 5, 2015 Dont everyone answer all at once now :/
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 5, 2015 Report Posted April 5, 2015 What is your question? You didn't ask anything. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
d-nice88 Posted April 6, 2015 Author Report Posted April 6, 2015 Will a ported box with those dimensions work with 2 hds300 15's?
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 6, 2015 Report Posted April 6, 2015 So it looks like the box is going to be about 7 cubes net airspace, with 43.5 sq in of port tuned to about 20 hz. Unfortunately I don't really know what you mean by "will a box with those dimensions work". To give you a decent answer you need to give us more information about what you are trying to do. What are your goals for this system? What kind of car is it going in? What amp are you going to use? What kind of music do you listen to? At this point all I can tell you is if you put your subs in that box, and put power to them, they will make noise. Assuming these subs are going in a vehicle and will be used for music, I don't think that noise is going to be very pleasing though. The box is tuned too low and the port area is too small. Is this a box you already have or one you are going to get/build? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
d-nice88 Posted April 6, 2015 Author Report Posted April 6, 2015 Box is one I already have made I used it for my re audio sex 15's. Its going in a 97 buick lesabre. Powering them with a soundstream ta1 3000.1 and I was hoping with doublw the rms power that they will be louder then the re audios
Cj Kumz Posted April 6, 2015 Report Posted April 6, 2015 Ofcourse they will work in that box. But real question is would they sound good? Probably not. With port area that low you will probably run into port noise. Best option would be to build a new box with higher tuning and more port area. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 6, 2015 Report Posted April 6, 2015 Box is one I already have made I used it for my re audio sex 15's. Its going in a 97 buick lesabre. Powering them with a soundstream ta1 3000.1 and I was hoping with doublw the rms power that they will be louder then the re audios Like CJ said, the best thing for you to do would be to build another box that is more appropriate for your new subs. What amp were you using with your RE Audio subs? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
d-nice88 Posted April 6, 2015 Author Report Posted April 6, 2015 Kicker cx 1200.1. Can you recommend me a new box design ?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.