Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2 soundqubed hds312 ported box build


Recommended Posts

Posted

I want to build a box for my 2 soundqubed 12s I can't really find anything on their website that tells me how many cubes the box needs to be and what to tune it to. I'm going to be firing the subs into the car my seats fold down I currently have a potted box I made a while back seems to work ok but i would like to make a new one that fits a little better in the opening and that I know is made for the subs I have now any help would be great.

Posted

Post your max dims for a box, 2.25-2.5 net, 35-40 square inches of port area per driver, tuning on mid 30s would work well with those.

Posted

Ok did some measuring the box I have now is 36 wide 18.5 deep and 16.5 tall and it barely fits in the opening of the trunk. If I want it to fit the opening where the back seats fold down it needs to be 15 inches tall 32 inches wide and the depth is the only thing I'm not sure of thinking maybe 25 inches I will have to make a cardboard box and see if it fits I guess. I want the box to have the port on one side instead of the middle because I have a smaller part of the seat that folds down on one side and I can still use the other 2 seats if needed.

Posted

Looking at the parameters (recently updated) 65-70 square inches of port area would be enough for those

Posted

That would be ok, it will result in a box somewhat larger than your target external dimensions though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3894 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...