Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Aftermarket subs with a Bose system...sound?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm using a PAC RadioPro RP5 GM 11 and a PAC GMRVD...also you can't just switch the front speakers out using the Bose amp

On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato

 

Posted

Lol you just answered your own question

On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato

 

Posted

They were way louder because the Bose amp is running for a 1 Ohm load. What I meant by that is I don't want to not have the sound I'm looking for after spending 4k on a new H/U amp subs and accessories. That would defeat the purpose. The Bose system is made on a completely different resistance set up than aftermarket equipment

On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato

 

Posted

It depends on what speaker you buy to replace the stock. I'm assuming you have the bose deluxe amp. All you got to do is figure out the ohm load of the speaker and get the same exact one. Also they have diagrams letting you know what frequencies each channel the amp is gonna play at. When I figured that out I tried to get speakers that would play well at those frequencies. At the end of the day none of that worked the way I wanted it to so I bought an amp. But just so you know, they do make replacement speakers that will keep you running that amp at the same ohm load as the stock speakers.

Posted

Well I wasn't aware, thanks for that info, thanks also for letting me know you had issues with the sound. Did you ever figure out why the sound wouldn't come together?

On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato

 

Posted

The power I was running and subs. I have 2 hdc3 15"s and at the time they were on 2 sq2200"s and the subs completely drowned everything out. When I had 2 alpine on one sq2200 with that setup it sounded pretty good.

Posted

I'll be burping 4k from time to time that's max rms on a good amp so yeah that sucks, when you replaced your speakers did you add crossovers?

On 4/20/2010 at 10:06 PM, 'cc_audio' said:

Guys are just like girls, once you've had 18 inches you don't go back.

2004 GMC Yukon XL

Pioneer AVH-X4700BS

13 band EQ

Sub Amp- (2) PPI 5000BD.1

(2) Re SXX 15's 8 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 Hz

(4) 6.5 Bose Mids

(2) 1" Bose Tweets

(2) 1.5" Bose Tweets

(1) JY 80 AH w/ new JY busses

(1) Duracell 750 up front 

Apex Alternators 270

A.C. Delco 160 alternato

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3173 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...