Second Skin Audio

Help with Box design in tahoe

Da-Hoe

The box in the pdf should be 6.5 net @ ~31Hz ~103 square inches of port area. So 3.25 net @ ~31Hz ~51.5 square inches of port area per chamber. It looks within the spec ranges they suggest.

I want to 45 the insides of the box so there is no 90 degree corners. Do i need to make the box slightly larger or will it be ok?

The box in the pdf should be 6.5 net @ ~31Hz ~103 square inches of port area. So 3.25 net @ ~31Hz ~51.5 square inches of port area per chamber. It looks within the spec ranges they suggest.

I want to 45 the insides of the box so there is no 90 degree corners. Do i need to make the box slightly larger or will it be ok?

sorry double post

I see so many people on with prefab boxes there are no good. They are the number reason beside bad gain settings on the amp why subs

burn up.

Yeah, My box was custom built by a old friend of Steve's so i don't think it was the box really. I think it was the amp upgrade since the box was designed on a certain power rating and i doubled it so there wasn't enough air space for them to breathe.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so the box is installed. My setup is 2 vvxv2 15 dual 4 ohm and a skar rp1500.1d amp. It doesnt sound very good seems to missing allot of notes compared to my last setup. The speakers also bottom out or something im getting a popping clicking noise on everyonce in a while so i need help

yes i did there box design. the filter is set to 28 best i can tell. bass boost is off and lpf is turned down to help the noise stop. i dont know if the sub is bottoming out or what

yes the higher notes and if i turn the filters on the deck up higher the noise gets worse

Archived