Sonic Electronix

Opinions/ Suggestions on amp rack layout

4 members have voted

1. 1. Best layout option...

Ok so I have to redone my amp rack do to it being too small now that I had to add the JL SSI to my build. Just really wanting some opinions on how everyone thinks it should be laid out. When I do this rack I will be drilling holes to run the wiring behind the board so all wiring is hidden for the most part. The writing on each piece of cardboard is the orientation of the component. Should add that this is going behind the factory carpeting.

The amp rack now is currently laid out almost identical to this.

0409150205.jpg

Only difference is that there is more space between each component.

0409150204.jpg

I like this layout, but I will require me to order more wire to run the 550.2 to the other side of the board. This also puts the CL-SSI closest to the OEM plug where the inputs are tapped into.

0409150203.jpg

I think I like this one the best out of them all because it fills the space of the board the best. This one would also require me to order more wire for the + and - runs.

0409150202.jpg

Not much difference between this one and #3. Simply swapped the CL-SSI and the 550.2.

Voted for #4..... The input/outputs & P,R,G are in a better placement in my opinion over the others.

"If it ain't broke, dont fix it"--- said no Audio guy ever!!!

Very valid point.

Also using #4 take your Clean sweep and flip it around. Where the #1 is at the top left and #2 is at the bottom left. That way those plugs and wires can be ran in the gap between the Cleansweep, 550, and CL. So nothing will be to the right of the Cleansweep.

Actually the more I visualize the cl441 and the SSI.... I could be wrong on above idea...

"If it ain't broke, dont fix it"--- said no Audio guy ever!!!

Very valid point.

Also using #4 take your Clean sweep and flip it around. Where the #1 is at the top left and #2 is at the bottom left. That way those plugs and wires can be ran in the gap between the Cleansweep, 550, and CL. So nothing will be to the right of the Cleansweep.

Actually the more I visualize the cl441 and the SSI.... I could be wrong on above idea...

I can see what you are saying and should work.

Archived