I custom made an amp 1/0 wire, power terminal "multiplier"

I'm going to add my text to this post and submit it, then come back and add pictures asap. Bear with me.

Slow night at work, so i went through our scrap bins and allocated some blocks of copper. I'm about to put an amp, 2nd battery and Memphis Mojo 15" D2 in my car. I wanted a clean(ish) look when i do the install.

I turned the blocks down on a lathe to create the round "male" ends. The remaining block areas got two 12mm drill holes (not full pass through holes). I then flipped the blocks up on end and drilled/tapped for 10mm set screws. I can now plug the male ends, into my power/ground terminals and thus, hook up my starting battery and Deka Intimidator battery without having to force two runs of 1/0 wire into each terminal on the amp itself.

I plan to shape up some bakelite to put between them, so they won't ever turn in the terminal holes and touch each other. I'll either do that or 3D print a spacer that snaps into place.

In the photo with two of these custom terminals, the one with the offset holes were from my first trial piece. The block area was too short to put two 12mm holes in line with one another. I was shooting from the hip when I made that one and had taken no measurements. I just wanted to see if i could make it or not. Once completed, i moved on to make a more ideal one. Tomorrow i will make another one to match. I've tested them to see if the wire fits and locks in place with the set screws and they do. I feel pretty accomplished today. I can't wait to try them in the amp terminals, once it arrives from UPS.

To anyone attempting to do a project like this at work, I thought it would be fitting to add this. As with any project that involves using work related scrap, it's best to get approval from your superior. Luckily, mine had no qualms with me using the scrap, nor do they mind me gaining more hands on experience with our shop equipment.

4 American Bass VFL 8" at 0.5 ohm

Soundstream Tarantula 3000.1D at 0.5 ohm

32 hz ported box designed by Mark at Car Audio Fabrications

XS D1200 secondary with Stinger isolator

block1_zpsgmdjjjoi.jpg

This first picture is what the block looked like when I first started.

block2_zpssiq7xk4f.jpg

2nd Here's is how the block looked, fresh off the lathe.

block3_zpsi3m3jiyp.jpg

3rd Is a picture of the final product

blockpair_zpsmlbgntww.jpg

4th is a photo of both. Like my original post said, it was my trial piece and it didn't get measured so it didn't turn out nice as I wanted.

copy the image link that photobucket gives you and just paste that instead of the actual url. and the images will show :)

like this

block3_zpsi3m3jiyp.jpg

looks nice also

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Well I tried that first but it wouldn't post for me for some reason. I tried all the link types that it gave me, one after the other. I even read the stickied thread instructions and a few older threads on the subject. I downloaded google chrome just to get this far. Before that I couldn't even paste into this text box.

Never mind. I got it.

those are very nice :good:

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived