Jump to content

Budget Build


Recommended Posts

Posted

Starting my fist ever computer build. It's on a really cheap budget of under $700. It's going to be primarily used for school, but will game on it a little too. I used a few open box and refurbished parts, got everything from Newegg. I should get the rest of the stuff tomorrow, but for now I just go the case and the OS. I'll update this soon as I can. Below is the parts I ordered. I may have to wait to post pics cause photobucket is not wanting to work, or I'll find another site that will work. Any tips I should know before getting started?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500237

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226529

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139115

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146132

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128565R

Posted

The cable management didn't go so well, the case falls short in that area. I did the best I could. The case and MOBO we're open box items so they had a few problems. Like the I/O shield for the mobo was all wrong so I'm running with out one at the moment. Also didn't come with enough screws to mount it, the old computer gave up some of it's screws.

_MG_7371_2_3_tonemapped_zps2rdzx8xk.jpg

_MG_7351_zpsg3tahefa.jpg

_MG_7350_zpswfq5cou0.jpg

_MG_7348_zpskz2jegm2.jpg

Posted

Been using this thing for a couple days now. Not disappointed really. It does have a few things I'd like to fix, but can't afford to right now. Played a really low res game today and the graphics card could barely keep up, so that is one I'd like to replace on of these days. Really that's my only complaint other than cable management or lack there of.

Posted

Not too bad, looks like you can tidy things up pretty easily with some zip ties.

If you want a new video card, I'd suggest checking into a used HD6970 on eBay, you can snag one for about $75.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6176 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...