its about time I start a build log for my truck. Like most this build will be a slow one. I will prolly be asking for advise/help along the way. Well , here we go.

Vehicle is a 97 s10. It's a lil beat up with scratches and dents and needs a paint job. But hey, it's a truck.

Now the goodies

Singer 340amp alt

Xs d3400s

100ft of shca ofc 1/0

Alpine hd148bt

t600-4

scv3000

Image dynamics xs65 comps

Zv4 15

100 pounds of damplifier and luxury liner

^^ this was ran with a d3400 under hood, big 3, stock alt, no secondary batt, no sound deadener. Alpine mrx-m240, db drive a8 250.4d sounded ok I guess.. It was my first time building a box. It had leaks in it and highs were harsh as fuck

And the doors. Should I cover up these big ass openings in the door or no? I know if I do it will act like a sealed enclosure. But some speaker are meant to be in a free air type application. What u guys think?

CE349AC1-F1FB-4821-A5E7-9FF667CA35C8_zps

Good start so far. 100% seal off those holes! No speaker is meant for free air. Infinite baffle sure on some drivers. You will have plenty of air space in the door and will have much more midbass. The problems are when you take an infinite baffle speaker then put it in a tiny sealed enclosure. You don't have to have anything fancy to do the job. Usually I just use some metal flashing and hvac tape. Then use deadener over that.

Archived