Triticum Agricolam Posted May 5, 2015 Report Posted May 5, 2015 well i do know for a fact my box did leak on both the front and on the side. I am going to rebuild one either way. If i can fit 4.3-4.5 would that make a difference? Do you think im better off going with 1 15 in a 3.7cu box. Meaning 1 15 that has 3000rms power rating and over 40mm xmax. Just trying to see what would be my best options. If i have to sell my 2 12's i will. But i really wanna make sure 1 15" would get as loud if not louder. Going from 3.7 cubic feet to 4.5 is still only going to gain you about 1 db and only over a very limited frequency range, you will never hear the difference. Now if you box has leaks, fixing those leaks can make a big difference! As far as whether one 15" will get louder than two 12"s, I can't tell you one way or the other. If I had to pick I'd say stick with two 12"s just so you are spreading your power over more voice coils and they have a little more cone area than one 15". That's just what I would do though and certainly doesn't guarantee its the best way to go. When it comes to picking subs, its exactly like RooTxBeeR said, your space dictates what size and how many subs you can use. You are in the middle ground where two 12" or one 15" will both probably work. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.