Second Skin Audio

need help to design a ported enclosure

mike-g

Yes, and when I model it on win isd its 49hz 1.4 cuft per sub.I might have said that duel chamber wrong,its a sealed box separate chambers overall cuff 2.8, (its actually like 1.36 cuff or so)with 1 1\2 lbs of pillow stuffing which made a big difference in the deep bass. I can make it 1.75 cuff per sub sealed drops tunning to low 40's.would building the ported enclosure be better than the max sealed as far as overall performance ?just interested in someone elses opinion because idk much just what ive read online and everyone on here has ported so ported overall better i take it Thanks again andand Joe x the box vb of 3cuft is after port volume is subtracted? I'm sure it is,cause I entered the dimensions on 12 volts calculator and get 4.3 cuff if I remember right so port volume is 1.3 cuff or so .just checking to see if I understand correctly.thanks again for the interest

What you get from ported is a deeper low end and increased loudness, With sealed boxes once you get passed the recommneded airspace you gain very little in the audible range by going bigger and you can have sub overexcursion if pushing a lot of power and/or going with an extremely large box.

Regarding the calculations 4.2 cubic feet is the gross internal volume, to get the 3 net you need to take away the port volume which is about 1 cubic feet and the driver's displacement which are 0.095 each or about 0.2 cubic feet. If you see those figures ~4.2- ~0.2 - ~1 = ~ 3 cubic feet.

Archived