Second Skin Audio

need help to design a ported enclosure

mike-g

Hello,my post on using win isd to figure enclosure got no response, so I'll try it a different way.I'm a newbie and can't figure what's best setup.if some one could help please it would be appreciated.I'm needing somebody to please model the and give their 2cents I've done it myself, but don't understand what would fit the sub's the best, sq,deep bass,ect..my current box is sealed at 2.7-2.8 divided @49hz per winisd.if I went with the max 1.75 per manufacturer and winisd says it would drop tuning to low 40's would it make a difference if I built the max sealed, would It sound better,or would ported be better.I want to build a ported but I want to do it right,and want slot ported in a Buick park ave trunk.I'm rebuilding because I made it to tall (rookie mistake) and can't place against the rear seat facing the back of trunk,so thought I'd try something different. Max L ,33", H,14"-14.5", and D is whatever's needed.any help will greatly be appreciated. Max ported is 2 cuff per subwoofer not including port area and displacement(0.075) I think.the t/s are on my other post (using win isd to determine for 2 pioneer ect) thanks agian for any help or suggestions

That amp could maybe put out 1200W @1 ohm for real, so it's ok, if you are not getting deep bass is very likely your tuning 49Hz is ridiculously high, if you listen to rap I would do no more than 35Hz tuning. Also there could be issues with your box design, here's something within their size range and lower tuning, for building or as a reference:

NOTES: If you chose to build please observe the following: power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide. If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

3003.jpg

2x%20pio%20pic_zpswzubm20k.jpg

thank you, so the port is 4in w x 13in h x 13 3/4 d x 10 7/8. would the subs sharing chamber be a problem?idk a lot about this so excuse my ? just curious and does porting make it were they can share a chamber without complications.

It has deep bass,but i built the box 16 h x 12.5 d x 31 w divided, sealed and it's to tall to fit under my rear deck and face the rear so i have to rebuild to 14.5 h and thought why not do better? gotta rebuild anyways to much wasted trunk space with the subs facing drivers side

13 3/4" and 10 7/8" are the length of the internal walls of the port, and yes port area is 4"x13" or 52 square inches, there's no issues with common chamber designs, almost everyone on here use common chamber for multiple subs setups, only if you were using two amps then you would need extra steps for it to work properly.

It has deep bass,but i built the box 16 h x 12.5 d x 31 w divided, sealed and it's to tall to fit under my rear deck and face the rear so i have to rebuild to 14.5 h and thought why not do better? gotta rebuild anyways to much wasted trunk space with the subs facing drivers side

So your previous box was a dual chamber sealed ?

Archived