dmel Posted April 13, 2015 Author Report Posted April 13, 2015 Yes I have the room. I have 38in width, 16 tall and however deep, 40inches if I wanted?
dmel Posted April 13, 2015 Author Report Posted April 13, 2015 Right, that's what I was trying to get at. like roughly how much would it increase my db? Im not trying to compete by any chance. I was just more less wondering how much I would actually gain? its for a daily driver as I said, not competition. I just like my music loud with lots of bass
ChuckStakes Posted April 13, 2015 Report Posted April 13, 2015 I agree with firebird. If you don't have the room thN scrap the subs and get two that will go down to 1ohm. Yeah that may mean you have to spend some time without beat but the end picture should be worth it. But if you have the room and supplies and energy to add another sub it should help output some. But if you haven't purchased yet I don't think the added sub would yield enough output to warrant the purchase. Maybe even see if you can find someone to trade. In my opinion adding another sub will mean you sacrifice something. Mainly trunk if you even have enough room for three of them.
dmel Posted April 13, 2015 Author Report Posted April 13, 2015 Right. wish I could find someone to trade! haha. I would in a heartbeat.
Triticum Agricolam Posted April 13, 2015 Report Posted April 13, 2015 OK I modeled the subs in WinISD. Theoretically adding another sub would gain you 3.5 db. Like firebirddude said, you might gain a little more than that due to less power compression. Whether that's enough of an increase or not is up to you to decide. Keep in mine a 3 db increase is what you get from doubling your power, so 3.5 db is nothing to scoff at. However 3 db is also pretty much the smallest increase you can notice by ear. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.