Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

@dbmode2 ok thanks can you explain what a big 3 is? And when you would need one

Since I like electronic's THE BIG 3/4 IS TO COMPLETE THE CIRCUIT that means using a bigger gauge wire makes the electrons flow better though the

battery to alternator to the engine block and etc.......

And by having a BIG 3/4 upgrade means less voltage drop like steve meade said on one of is vids on youtube IT TAKE POWER TO MAKE POWER.

The big 3 is only needed when you will draw more amperage then what the stock wire can handle .. No point in doing a big 3 in a car with stock 4 gauge wire for a 500 watt amp.. You won't see any noticeable difference unless that stock wire is corroded.ground is a different story. Those do need to get upgraded

A Cap in the rear near the amp will help more than upgrading to a big 3 if the stock wire can handle the load.a cap stores power a wire just transfers the amperage. I know I'm going to get shit for this post but sometimes you have to use logic.. Another thing is people are suggesting what to upgrade and what's needed when there is no gear to go by

Don't get me wrong. Doing the big 3 is not a bad idea but when you are drawing 60a through wire that can handle 150a why would you have to upgrade it if it's working fine? It's all dependant to the gear you're running and the requirements

man my car has a 16 gauge wire on the alt and that was to charge my electronics in my car I said hell nah I slap the big 3 on them and now

I experience high amps and volts and my alt do not run hot anymore. It all depends on that charging on a alternator.

You said 16 gauge.. On that you will notice.. We don't know what car he has and the alt he has. We also don't know the gear he is running

Archived