boxgeek217 Posted April 16, 2015 Report Posted April 16, 2015 So when I first got into car audio the Stroker was the big thing hitting the big numbers. I swore someday I'd get one. Well a lil while back I found one on ebay. Managed to win it for a song! Well it finally arrived today. That's awesome. But I realized I have almost no idea what this thing needs for a box. I'm not gonna give it crazy power or even use it regularly but I would like to be able to mess with it some. What kind of volume, sealed or ported, what tuning if ported (assuming it's not just to taste/cabin as most subs are) and such? Anybody got info to share? Thanks in advance and I'll put pics up later. What?!
Joe X Posted April 16, 2015 Report Posted April 16, 2015 Post exact model, pics, parameters or anything you have.
Colin - STAPUFT Posted April 16, 2015 Report Posted April 16, 2015 Ported. And BIG. 3 cubes minimum, 5 cubes more like it. Some specs I've found: Fs 39.20 HzRe 3.40 OhmQms 10.80 Qes 0.23 Qts 0.225 Sd 866.0 cm2Vas 95.0 LXmax 11.00 mmSPL@1W 95.8 dBMms 182.77 g 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
Colin - STAPUFT Posted April 16, 2015 Report Posted April 16, 2015 I would go with around 3.5-4 cubes and tune between 30 & 35 hz. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.