Second Skin Audio

car audio ?'s

eastwood

What are your battery space dimensions? I am sure you could could an XS Battery in that spot. Also, I know you just did the wiring but if I were you I would redo that ground and cut the wire short enough so there isn't a loop like you have it. And it is also worth your time to run your alt positive wire around the opposite side of the engine bay since it would be alotttt shorter than you have it now. You want all your wires to be shortest length possible.

10 x 8 is pushing it. Would be right against the fuse holder and overflow resivoir. It said not to route the cable near places of heat like radiators and valve covers. The radradiator it's very high on this car. If I ran it right on top of the cross member that goes across the car it would be an inch away from the rad. If it was still on top of the cross member but more towards the front of the car i don't think the hood would close. I guess I could go through the rad support area and run it by the horn. Even then it will be like 3 inches away. I think the cable is too thick anyway to fit in that area. I know I should shorten the ground. Just don't have a crimper. When I get the battery next week I'll buy one. At work we just use a hammer but I've read here don't do that

The page is blank after I entered my info. I did a week ago and did the same thing.

http://4xspower.com Go here and use their "OEM Aplication" tool. You def have space for an XS battery...in fact there are several that are too small for your car! lol And don't hammer crimp if you can help it, either solder the connections or hydrolic crimp them.

Big 3 looks ok. It looks like you use runs alot longer than necessary. Your way looks well enough, but if it were me doing it, I would change a couple things.

I would run the charge lead along the front side, and fuse it. I don't fuse that run in every scenario, but with it being up front and vulnerable in a front in collision, I would do it, as close to the battery as possible. Would save several feet of wire.

I would ground the battery and the alt on the same side.

Not major changes, maybe not even necessary, thats just me.

I would like to run it up front just not close to the radiator. Not much room anywhere else.

in front of the radiator is that metal frame, its like a u-shape frame, I ran my power wire under there...i got a 01 corolla

Dont forget to put a fuse on your run between the alt and positive post.

once the mechman is in I will be sure to. What do you think 250-300 fuse. Saw another thread and it seemed to be the response given

If you are only getting a 160 amp alt anything that is the same amperage or a little bigger will b best. The fuse is there to protect your battery from a possible malfunctioning alternator. Too big and it cant do its job properly.

I would like to run it up front just not close to the radiator. Not much room anywhere else.

in front of the radiator is that metal frame, its like a u-shape frame, I ran my power wire under there...i got a 01 corolla

thanks for the info. I'll look under there

Archived