Frustrating alt whine won't go away...

Yeah I was thinking I should do that...but was hoping I shouldn't have to.

So why ground alt to rear batts instead of grounding alt to front batt which is grounded to rear batt?

Also, if I do this, I should still ground the front battery up front right?

Yes still ground the front batt.

The reason is it is a more direct path and when the car is running that alt case for all is ground.

Really uni body cars can be finicky when trying to use body and chassis grounds because the electricity has to pass through a bunch of stuff where with a full frame it has a direct path.

Are you saying you have a ground run from the front batt to the rear batt?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yes still ground the front batt.

The reason is it is a more direct path and when the car is running that alt case for all is ground.

Really uni body cars can be finicky when trying to use body and chassis grounds because the electricity has to pass through a bunch of stuff where with a full frame it has a direct path.

Are you saying you have a ground run from the front batt to the rear batt?

No each batt is grounded individually.

What I am asking is if I run a ground wire from my front batt neg to my rear batt neg, I ALSO need to run a ground wire from the alt to the rear battery? At that point, couldn't I just ground the alt to front batt neg?

I didn't read all this but if you have your front and rear battery grounded together and your front grounded to alt case you should be fine. That's how I have mine.

Ok cool, so the long length of that ground wire shouldn't matter?

Yes if you ground the front batt to the alt case you can ground the rear batt to the front batt.

I'm almost certain this will solve your problem and like I said it's easy to test.

Just make sure you ground the amps to the Rear batt.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I didn't read all this but if you have your front and rear battery grounded together and your front grounded to alt case you should be fine. That's how I have mine.

In my situation it was the only way without drilling through the body to get the frame. None of the bolts I thought were going in to the frame, were going in the frame.

It's probably actually less distance Than its trying to travel through the body.

And broke, if I test out a temporary wire from the back to front, should I take off the existing grounding in the rear? Or just leave them on?

You can leave them it won't hurt anything

Archived