Second Skin Audio

does a speaker box have to be shaped square triangle or round

I was wondering if speaker boxes have to be shaped Square triangle or round because I have a 1984 Caprice Classic that I'm going to put to SSD 18 inside of I'm taking off my back seat top and building a box that is going to flow through to the trunk the only problem is where I have to put the speakers is only 12 inches tall so I'm building a boxthat is going to start off large in my backseat tall and wide but not very deep I plan to take that one foot space and then go past it where I can make the box bigger and enlarging it there I guess my question is can your speaker boxes have smaller and bigger dimensions or does it have to be like I said those other designs. Does it use all the air space in the box no matter what the box design is?

Kind of a confusing question so some pictures would help,but I'll try to answer. Some of the trunk builds on here have some really funky designs and measurements so I don't think you'll have a problem. But remember that whatever you build has to be able to make it into the space that your building it for unless your building it in your trubk/hatch/ect

2014 JKU

Sound:

pioneer xav-65

4 12in pioneer tsw3003d4

2 pioneer gm-d9601

(much more in route)

General:

18in worx rims

33in tire

stinger src bumpers

light bars

6k hids

2in leveling kit

3.25in lift

The Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/195839-2014-jku-build-4-12s/

If you're going to build it where the back seat I'd why not just wall it?

You're making this way more complicated then it needs to be.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived