Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

99 mustang convertible enclosure help.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey I'm new to the site and to subs / enclosures. I recently purchased some 10" comp D kickers. The suggested box volume is between 1.25 and 1.75 ft cubed. Currently they reside in a dual enclosure that i think provides around .9 cu ft for each sub. I would like to build my own ported enclosure to get the most out of the subs but being that i drive a mustang convertible i don't have a lot of space to work with. Does anyone have any ideas/designs i could use? I've thought about 2 single L shaped enclosure that would fit around the tire Wells, and also a larger dual box but i need help with measurements and box/port design. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Posted

Opening is about 11 x 47 and also has a drop which makes it bit bigger in the middle. Inner trunk space is about 26" deep 12.5" high and has two widths the front at 54" and the back at about 45". The depth between the tire Wells and the front of the trunk is about 11 inches.

Posted

Go to Walmart and get some boxes to mach up the biggest box you can put in there. That will give you the box size that the trunk opening will allow. I had to cut down my box from 34 to 28", something like that to make it fit in the trunk opening.

I did a wheel,well sealed box for my 2 Memphis Audio C3 12s in a 96 BMW 328ic.

-Frank

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2355 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...