How much amperage will I need from a new alt?

New to the alternator game in general so I need some help... My electrical draw consists of 2 BC2000D's (200a max draw each based on fusing), the stock bose amp (im guessing 30a-50a maybe), double DIN HU, and other standard electrical in a loaded suburban like heated seats, etc. Will be adding a 4 channel eventually as well as some interior LEDs, HIDs, and some high quality fogs. Current electrical is 2 brand new yellow tops, 1/0 big 3, 2 runs 1/0 to rear battery, stock chevy alt which I believe is 160a. Im wondering what kind of amperage I should be looking for in an aftermarket alt, I have heard people say just upgrading the stock alt to a 270a hairpin and that will be good enough but at that kind of draw that seems a little low. This would be ideal however, I really would like to avoid dual alts if I can but I would also like to have a proper supply of power. Does the alt output really need to match amperage draw? It seems there are many people running like 10kw on what seems like not enough amperage and they seem to be powering it just fine.

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

One hairpin 6 phase will be fine, the biggest one you can afford.

Also fuse rating is not your current demand you are drawing much less than that on music.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

One hairpin 6 phase will be fine, the biggest one you can afford.

Also fuse rating is not your current demand you are drawing much less than that on music.

Okay thanks broke, will using a "non-OEM" alt result in the battery light always being on? or is the harness designed to eliminate that? and yeah I just posted fuse rating as its the absolute maximum current draw though the system, although i actually highly doubt either amp will ever see 150a even on a burp or SPL run because they wont be tapped out output wise. I don't intend on doing SPL runs more then a few times tuning anyway.

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

From personal experience I had no battery light with my aftermarket alt installed.

Do you know who you are going to get the alt from yet?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

From personal experience I had no battery light with my aftermarket alt installed.

Do you know who you are going to get the alt from yet?

Was going to contact Mike Singer in months time or so and just use the stock one for now, but in the end it will come down to who can get me a purple/white alt ~300a to my home in Canada without having to sell my kidney to do so... Mechman is my other option as well.

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW