Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help with box design for 1 AB XFL 1222


dbKilla

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, anybody out there that can help with a good box design for this sub? It's going in the back of a Jeep Grand Cherokee running at 1 ohm on a SS Rubicon 1600d. I've read 2.2 cubic ft @33hz is optimal (is this before or after displacement?) All the different calculators have me confused with all the factors involved. I listen to a wide range of music, mostly rock but I do like to bump from time to time with rap and electronica so I want it to be able and get down. I'm even stuck wondering if aero would be better than slot? Having a cut sheet would be killer to have if any of you care to hook that up? That would be very appreciated! Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get the best out of this upcoming setup. I saw a ported prefab on Ebay from MobileSoundWorks that's 2 cubic feet @32hz with a reinforced baffle, I understand prefabs are frowned upon but would this work? Any direction would be very helpful.

SOME OF THE PERIMETERS ABOUT THE SUB:

1k watt rms

220oz triple stacked hi-energy magnet

3" voice coil

Mounting Depth 7.60

Weighs about 36lbs

Vas 28.8

Qms 3.826

Qts 0.415

Fs 31.9

Xmax 19

SPL 87.8

Posted

Anybody? After playing around on the calculator, it appears this sub will perform loudest in a box that's 2.5 @35hz but in a box that's 2.25 @33hz it will have a bit more flatter response, which might be better for daily. Can anyone check this out and confirm? Last question, after calculating port and sub displacement, I add this to the 2.25 net volume, correct? Now how do I find out port displacement if I go slot?

Posted

Here's something easy to build for your reference, sub / port firing back, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

xfl.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Posted

Here's something easy to build for your reference, sub / port firing back, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 3/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

xfl.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

Posted

Thanks Joe X...much appreciated! After graphing the sub in that size enclosure and tune, the response looks great with my application. Cheers!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3402 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...