DeeBoy718 Posted April 27, 2015 Report Posted April 27, 2015 Well, if you're removing the box to deaden, I would go ape shit and double-layer wherever you get the most rattling, the trunk door, the metal directly facing the enclosure for example. A simple way to check how much deadening you'll need to do is to pull all the trunk panels and knock on different areas in the trunk. You'll notice that in some areas, the metal will sound more "tinny" than in other areas. I would double up where the metal sounds the thinnest, and single layer everywhere else. I would try and do the entire trunk one time so that you don't have to go through all the work of having to remove everything more than once. 1997 Ford ExplorerHead Unit: Pioneer AVH4400BH Double DinAvic-U260 Navigation Unit Doors:2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Front2x Rockford Fosgate PPS4-8- Rear4x McLaren MLT-2 tweeters Amps: Audiopipe APDL20001D- Bass Audiopipe APCL-6002 Mids Audiopipe APCL 1004- HighsSub Stage:2x JBL P1222 dual 2 ohm coilsElectrical:Mechman 270 Ho altXS Power D3400-Up Front 2x XS Power D1200- Rear http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192815-finally-built-my-4th-order/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.