Second Skin Audio

4th order sub box for Sundown SA 12

buff_n3rd

I'm open to suggestions on the amp. If its possible to keep it under 400 that would be great. I want to do it right, probably my only real concern. If it costs more I'll budget for it.

I'm open to suggestions on the amp. If its possible to keep it under 400 that would be great. I want to do it right, probably my only real concern. If it costs more I'll budget for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197632-aq-2200-350-shipped-and-insured/#entry2975685

that's what I would go with. Fits your budget, and give you plenty of lower to work with

Well the $400 point was just to keep me from looking at a $1500 amp. If its $400 +/- $200 I can justify.

If that amp is the best recommended at the price point to fully run it then I am all for it.

Box dimensions I am looking at are as follows 42w x 18h x 32d

the very first post has a picture of my cargo area.

Thanks Joe. I've seen many of your renderings and they are always top notch.

There are many amps, those two above are quite good, the BC2000 would be another option, if you want more expensive you can pick DC Audio, Sundown..etc.

Here is a suggestion for the box aimed for the lows, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

sa12.jpg

sa12pic.jpg

I can PM you a 4th order design for a sa12. I got it from another member/forum. I am going to build it in the next few months. The SA has a big peak around tuning in the 32 to 33 tuning range. If you want loud, many are correct that the SA will get loud in a standard ported box.

There are many amps, those two above are quite good, the BC2000 would be another option, if you want more expensive you can pick DC Audio, Sundown..etc.

Here is a suggestion for the box aimed for the lows, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

sa12.jpg

sa12pic.jpg

Hey Joe. It appears the pics disappeared. Would I be able to get those again. I don't think I had them saved just yet.

Thank you.

Archived