Sundown Audio

soundqubed hds312

Zackazp23

Hello, im in need pf some guidance please. I have 2 hds312 subs in a box that i believe joe x helped design. Box is tuned to 35hz. I have a power acoustik 1500.1 and they hit nice but not near what i want. I also have a lanzar 4000w max pro amp but it doesnt get enough power, it cuts out and fades. If im stopped it will hit nice but if im driving it is faded.

The car is a mazda3 stock batt and alt (getting an optima yellow top soon) 4awg wire and a 30f cap. The cap helps i know people get all pissy when u say u have a cap but it helps.

Can i have a couple ssuggestions for amps that will be stronger than the power acoustik but not as power hungry as the lanzar and that arent that expensive. 200$ max please.

With that budget, nothing worthwhile unless you get something used. I had my two hds312's on a kicker cx1200.1 for a year or so and it had good output to me. Stock electrical 97 Ford Explorer. If you're willing to up your budget to even $300, you can get that amp, or a SoundQubed 1200.1, or similar decent 1200 watt amps. try to stay away from lanzar, power acoustik, audiopipe, and other amps that are super cheap and advertise power at a cheap price. Typically about 25cents per watt is the average pricing (give or take). That's not a good budget you have to get good power though.

Brands known to do rated power.

Rockford fosgate, kicker, alpine, JL, etc. (the more popular mainstream brands)

Ampere, sundown, CT, and more. Look at the build logs on here and get a feel for everything. Most of the people here don't run bad equipment. Some is better than others. I run SoundQubed, it's a more budget oriented brand that I have found reliable for the last two years. There's a lot of good brands. Do some research. Look at Steve meades amp test videos. On this forum there's a "real world amp tests" thread. You should definitely find that and go through it.

Archived