Sonic Electronix

istreamer to overdrive+ to matrix+

I have a question or two for my future plans for my system.

I bought the istreamer and overdrive+ from soundmanca a few months ago to go with the 6+ side slider kit.

I recently decided to step up to the matrix+ to have the three sets of outputs versus one.

Would using the overdrive+ to bump the 2.25v the istreamer puts out up to 8v then feeding that to the matrix and have that split up into three 5v outputs have any benefit over going directly from istreamer to matrix?

I would assume the stronger signal would mean less gain needed and in turn less noise generated from higher volumes but i am also concerned with any noise that might be generated from having another peice of equipment in the source chain.

Also wondering about what level adjustment knob to use? do i use a control on one of the audicontrol devices or do i use the knobs that control the amplifiers (scv-2000d & sae-50.4) i plan to use?

Having a level adjustment for mid/high & substage seems the better way to go as i see it, but i might be looking at it wrong.

If any more info is needed please feel free to ask.

Thank you advance for any advice given.

eta - just fired off an email to audiocontrol for their opinion too

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Archived