p05powerstrokeproject Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 Ok so first off its going in a 97 ext cab dodge ram. Planning on doing Sundown audio x 15. Dvc 2 ohm Skar audio t2000.1d @ 1ohm Skar audio 0/1 gauge Audiocontrol three.2 And looking into some coponent 6.5s for now. Question is what kind of box ported or a 4th order? Different eq/crossover or do I need a processor ect
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 Ported or 4th order bandpass would depend on what your goals and wants are. Most likely though a simple ported would be the way to go. A normal ported enclosure is also a 4th order by the way. Are you using an aftermarket headunit? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
p05powerstrokeproject Posted May 12, 2015 Author Report Posted May 12, 2015 Ya I got a Kenwood right now it's got phase 5 band eq hpf lpf bass hz setting 12 or 24 db slope And I thought a 4th order was pretty much like having a sealed and ported box.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 There is 4th order which is the normal ported enclosure And there is 4th order band pass which is what you are thinking of. I'd just stick with the head units controls then with no extra eq. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
p05powerstrokeproject Posted May 12, 2015 Author Report Posted May 12, 2015 I want to curve out the tones I don't want ect
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 Then ditch the three.2 and grab this. Or get a processor your choice. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_88332_Precision-Power-PPI-E.7.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scplp7994567&gclid=CIzutrK1u8UCFYwXHwodxEwAzg That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
p05powerstrokeproject Posted May 12, 2015 Author Report Posted May 12, 2015 I just want to make sure I have clean hard bass
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted May 12, 2015 Report Posted May 12, 2015 I believe you are trying to make it more difficult then it really needs to be. The less shit in the chain the better. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
p05powerstrokeproject Posted May 12, 2015 Author Report Posted May 12, 2015 Ok and think I'm going to go with 2 12s. Instead of the 15 I feel the 12s will give me more thump
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.