Second Skin Audio

Sundown Sa 15's

Cool, thanks. Yea I downloaded skethup about a week ago and looked at the box from sundowns site.. Just pulled it up again. One more thing, there is a local guy who builds box's and said he would build like me one for free (since I have been having all these issues) if I provide the supplies and the cut sheet with specs. With that being said, do you want me to go with the box you posted in my other thread? or the one from sundowns site?

The sundown box spec looks great though tuning to around 31hz makes you sacrifice some spl. But if you a decaf person it should be fine plus sundown is known for its low end response. Personally I would shorten the port to give me around 34hz. Though in the exact same dimensions that would up the space to around 3.7cubes per driver

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Sundown's box came to ~3.3 net per chamber @31Hz, 98.56 square inches of total port area. Single sa-12 driver displacement is 0.17 cubic feet was factored in.

Just a heads up, Not sure how much it changes anything, but I have 15s

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry I was gone for soo long. I built the new box and made several upgrades, then went to slamology. Here are some pics.
h4BAVN5.jpg
1igUgLx.jpg
NTMZPe8.jpg
bkOoOgm.jpg
d0XvvFf.jpg
q75mlHG.jpg
DqcnAMy.jpg
sEfeIga.jpg
uVdG85p.jpg
dnjAUhK.jpg

6v4DxwZ.jpg

Also, here is a video on the system in action with all the new changes

I am loving it, other than the fact that I have destroyed every roof brace that I have. That will be my project next weekend, to get the headliner out re-weld the braces and get more support and sound deadening in the roof.

Archived