Second Skin Audio

Sundown Sa 15's

Hey guys, just a quick question. as you already know, if you read my box thread. That I have 2 sundown sa 15's. I currently have a Sundown Sae-1200d on them. I see videos online of people putting anywhere up to 3500 watts on a pair of sa 15s. With that being said, what is the maximum you guys would throw at them comfortably?

Most people running that much power know what they are doing. Their gains are set lower to give less rms to the subs. Plus due to impedance rise thy probably getting close to rated power though running 3k. Personally I think 2k would do just fine in general.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Most people running that much power know what they are doing. Their gains are set lower to give less rms to the subs. Plus due to impedance rise thy probably getting close to rated power though running 3k. Personally I think 2k would do just fine in general.

Thank you, I know there are a lot of variables, but will going to a 2,000 watt amp be a big increase in output?

There is a big issue going on with my current box, and I am going to be trying to return it to my local shop that built it. I have a 9 page thread on that topic over on the SSA forums. but it is 7.5 cubes, and the shop claims it is 33hz, But I am almost 99% sure its tuned somewhere around 39hz.

Why don't you take a picture of the box and post it together with the measurements. That way we can roughly have an idea on the specs.. What was concluded on the SSA forum?

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Going from a true 1200 watts to a true 2000 watts will be almost unnoticeable to the ear.

There are really easy ways to verify tuning. That would be the first thing I'd do with your box.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Overpowering mainly will benefit a competitor if every other thing has been optimized and there's no other way to gain output. To most daily setups it's just more risk than what it's worth IMO.

It does not always have a benefit and can actually cause the system to perform worse.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived