illlili Posted May 23, 2015 Report Posted May 23, 2015 So the last build I did was in a 99' M3 with stock HK door speakers and 2 10" JL 10 w3's.. Sounded Amazing to me. Now 15 years later and into this TSX I was wanting to upgrade the bass and initially thought I would go with another JL setup and was steered away from even the w6's to Sundown SD-3's. My question I guess Is what would you guys go with for a good mix of sq/spl without taking up too much trunk space. The amp I plan to use is a ppi ion i650.1. So far I'v been influenced to go with a pair of sundown sd-3 10's but wanted to ask the guys on the smd forums as I'v been a long time lurker here. Thanks!
Joe X Posted May 23, 2015 Report Posted May 23, 2015 W6v3 can work in really small ported boxes, is just the price.
illlili Posted May 23, 2015 Author Report Posted May 23, 2015 Would you assume the jl would sound better than the sundown? iv been told the new sd-3's are designed to work well in compact enclosures..
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.