Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Subs are louder with trunk open ?


Recommended Posts

Posted

something about sound waves not having enough distance to fully propagate in a closed environment or something...

Try changing the orientation of the box. If it is firing forward, try having it fire backwards, or fire up, basically experiment until you have the best balance of loud inside and trunk closed.

Posted

Every car/box combination has an orientation that works best. You don't know what that orientation is until you experiment though.

Posted

I know it's louder facing the subs towards the back but my trunk rattles really really bad so that's why I fired them inside the car maybe I'll have to just flip them around and figure out how to make my trunk not rattle

Posted

How do I stop my trunk from rattling really bad I've tried everything it won't stop my bumper and everything rattles

Sound deadener. Expanding foam.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Posted

Everything is a tradeoff. If you can't hear the trunk rattles inside the car, who cares if the trunk rattles? I'd rather have it loud inside the car and have the outside sound like it's falling apart than have no rattles and it less loud inside the car.

But yeah, deadener and foam to stop rattles.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3046 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...