Sundown Audio

Amp not getting proper voltage

JakeMN

make sure wire is secure in the fuse holder it could be just chilling in there

I did double check that and actually re-secured it. I'm getting voltage at the end of my run so that's not it.

Bass head in training. Trying to learn everything I can.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Synergy Audio WFO 15.1 V2 (Prototype)

Sundown X12

make sure wire is secure in the fuse holder it could be just chilling in there

I did double check that and actually re-secured it. I'm getting voltage at the end of my run so that's not it.

Did you make sure the actual fuse is tight? Mine kept vibrating loose where i had it mounted under the hood. I had to move it and and use thread locker to keep it tight.

This is what I have - Inline_Fuse_Holder_FH24_600w_600h.JPG

It must be tight, I don't think I'd be getting full voltage at the end of my run if it wasn't. My voltage only drops when I connect it to the amp.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Sundown X12

It must be tight, I don't think I'd be getting full voltage at the end of my run if it wasn't. My voltage only drops when I connect it to the amp.

Thats the exact same one i have. The bolts that held the fuse down would back out just a little and let the fuse move ever so slightly. Sometimes my system would cutout or not turn on at all and then sometimes it would work fine. I habent had a issue since i moved it and thread locked it. Idk just something you could look at.

Thats the exact same one i have. The bolts that held the fuse down would back out just a little and let the fuse move ever so slightly. Sometimes my system would cutout or not turn on at all and then sometimes it would work fine. I habent had a issue since i moved it and thread locked it. Idk just something you could look at.

Are you referring to the allen-bolt that holds the wire in? Or is there another one I'm not seeing specifically for the fuse?

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Sundown X12

Are you referring to the allen-bolt that holds the wire in? Or is there another one I'm not seeing specifically for the fuse?

Yeah my bad thats not the one i have mines a knu anl fuse type. I just glanced at the pic and it looks similar lol.. Sorry dude my fault. Did you try bypassing the fuse block and running straight from the battery?

Yeah my bad thats not the one i have mines a knu anl fuse type. I just glanced at the pic and it looks similar lol.. Sorry dude my fault. Did you try bypassing the fuse block and running straight from the battery?

No worries, I actually took a cap off of one end and touched the probe to the end of the fuse (while it was in the fuse holder) and the other probe to the negative battery terminal and I got 14.2 V. It can't be that.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Sundown X12

Im sorry but are you still running 80 amp fusing to an amp that requires 120?

yea u have power but not enough under a full load

Yes, I was under the impression that Knu's CCA 4ga wire wouldn't be able to handle more than 80 amps... I do have a 125 ANL fuse and holder waiting to be installed but I almost wanted to upgrade to SCHA OFC 0g and throw that in when I do. I just can't decide if it's worth it considering I'm only running 1000w.

2014 Dodge Dart GT

Sundown X12

Im sorry but are you still running 80 amp fusing to an amp that requires 120?

yea u have power but not enough under a full load

That won't prevent his amp from powering on though unless it's blown, which he says it's not.

Archived