I'm thinking about playing around with this buying stocks online.

I have absolutely zip experience with this, and I'm sure pros would tell me not to do this.

However, it would seem like it's fun.

Questions:

Can I just go online (like to ScottTrade dot com) and spend like a 100 bucks and buy some Toyota stocks?

Is this how it works? Or must I have or spend much more than that?

What's the cost of buying stocks online, or... what would it cost me to buy $100.00 worth of stocks?

store_logo_sig.jpg

i sent you a pm,

4 dollars per purchase, ill get you a link to who i use,....which is share builder

and there is only a small min to buy in, it cost 4 dollars to buy into something, so say you have 100 even to put into your portfolio (SP) take 4 from the 100 and that means that 96 of your 100 will go towards the stock you choose,

but if you choose 2 stocks with the same 100 then it will cost 8 dollars 4 per stock option... lol shoot there are 3 where i have like 6 dollars on each one...

and they have tools to help you decide which part of the market would best suit yourself

Edited by mrwigglezdj

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

thats if you go with the extra shit, lol i am useing the free account, doesnt cost me a dime

meaning the "basic" account there are 3 different kinds to choose from with different things on each one

Edited by mrwigglezdj

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

mutual fund?? id do that we are "learning" about them in econ right now..pretty much you buy a mutual fund and someone else invest that money and diversify (put smaller amounts into many different stocks)..the average return on mutual funds is usually positive :) or i guess you have a better chance of makin money if you buy a mutual fund. buut if you buy stock yourself you want to buy stock that is underrated (stock whos value is below the price of the company, but its hard to determine the price or a company with out financial analysis of the company etc) and you should sell the stock when its overvalued (opposite as underrated but its hard to tell without research on the company and whatnot) hmmi guess i learned a lil bit more than i thought :-D

edit: its said that if you get a magazine like wall street journal.. post it up on the wall and throw darts at it and whatever stock you hit then invest in that, and you are equally probable to make money doing that bc you really never now what stocks will do :-o ...but id rather do research and pick my own :P

Edited by 99GPGTX

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded