punchy Posted June 4, 2015 Report Posted June 4, 2015 Ok so if anyone wouldn't mind helping me out I recently but 2 sundown sa12 and I want to build a box for them not really too familiar with calculating everything up or anything like that new to this but I really want my subs to sound great I have been looking around and I have seen 4 cubic feet at 32 Hertz a lot so I'm wanting that or what ever is going to really move some air and do hair tricks lol my car dimension H-14 inch max D-28 inch max W-32 inch max If anyone can help a fellow basshead please help me thank you
Joe X Posted June 4, 2015 Report Posted June 4, 2015 Here is a suggestion for a trunck car, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1 1/4" wooden dowel rods: NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
punchy Posted June 4, 2015 Author Report Posted June 4, 2015 Thanks dude and should I add 45 in the box or would that affect anything or make it better
punchy Posted June 4, 2015 Author Report Posted June 4, 2015 and do you have any suggestions on an amplifier that I should get not looking to spend too much money
Joe X Posted June 4, 2015 Report Posted June 4, 2015 Something 2K like the BC2000 would work, do you know how to cut 45s?
punchy Posted June 4, 2015 Author Report Posted June 4, 2015 Yes I can cut 45s I'm really good at wood work
punchy Posted June 4, 2015 Author Report Posted June 4, 2015 And is this going to make my shit slam I mean if I can go with a bigger amp and get louder bass I'm all for it
Joe X Posted June 5, 2015 Report Posted June 5, 2015 Ok, the 45 inside the port is most important, the port width at the turn must be the same as everythere else: The 45s inside the compression chamber, you can do them 2 1/2" wide.
Joe X Posted June 5, 2015 Report Posted June 5, 2015 You can do a number of things to improve your system performance, a few questions, what's the vehicle?, what are the max dimensions available in the trunk? do you have any electrical upgrades yet? Your box specs you gave are for playing the low end strong, you play rap and such the most? Do you have access to a gains setting tool like DD-1?
punchy Posted June 5, 2015 Author Report Posted June 5, 2015 I have a 2002 lincoln ls v8 And H-14 inch max D-28 inch max W-32 inch max I have no Electronics upgrades yet planning on getting someI have been doing a bunch of research And yes I mostly listen to rap R&B and I also listen to all types of music just not as much as rap As far as the dd1 no... I'm really new to the hole thing don't get me wrong I have had my far share of subs in amplifiers and my vehicles but nothing too extreme
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.