kmb504 Posted June 5, 2015 Report Posted June 5, 2015 So I'm building a box for a friend. The max dimensions are 48wX16.5lX13.5h. My port will be 4"w x 12h x 24l. The app I'm using says that should be around 32hz. Also, the displacement of the port and sub should leave me with about 4.2cuft. The sub displacement is about .15cuft. Does all of this sound correct?
Joe X Posted June 5, 2015 Report Posted June 5, 2015 If it's the 15" XFL you were asking about, the driver displacement is 0.25 cubic feet.
kmb504 Posted June 5, 2015 Author Report Posted June 5, 2015 That .1 shouldn't make too much of a difference huh?
kmb504 Posted June 5, 2015 Author Report Posted June 5, 2015 I meant since I figured everything wit the sub displacement at .15, instead of .25. Do you think the box will require bracing for the 15? Also does my measurements and tuning all add up correctly?
Joe X Posted June 5, 2015 Report Posted June 5, 2015 Yes, the calculations seem reasonably close to your specs.
kmb504 Posted June 5, 2015 Author Report Posted June 5, 2015 Thanks again man. I know I ask a lot of questions, I just have a passion for building stuff and learning things. I also love making my vehicle s go boom boom haha. Ever since I built my enclosure for my little 8, everyone at my job wants to get sub's and stuff. And they want me to build their boxes. I'm really trying to figure this out.
kmb504 Posted June 6, 2015 Author Report Posted June 6, 2015 Hey Jo, do you think you can put these dimensions in your design software and give me a cut sheet. Can you do it so its sub front port up. Its going to be in the vehicle sub down port back but I figured it would be easier if you designed it like that.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.