PCMR Posted June 7, 2015 Report Posted June 7, 2015 Hello, SMD Forum. I just bought a 2006 Nissan Maxima, and I'm looking for a simplistic, yet really cool design for a box with 1 subwoofer. I would like some input on awesome build ideas centered around 1, 10 inch woofer. I believe I have finalized my woofer choice down to a DC Audio level 3, accompanied by a Skar 1200.1. I will be building this with my good buddy, he is a carpenter and has been in the business for 30 years so I am sure we can tackle this together but I came here in hopes of getting an awesome idea for a box build instead of the cliche 'Single 10 Ported Box' I don't know the exact names of the boxes but I remember years ago when Cerwin Vega was relevant in the Audio Industry, my colleague had a box where the subwoofer was actually inside the box and it was ported throughout a big long chamber. So, basically if there's something you should take from this, I don't like the ordinary. Thanks, Jim
SIDE SHOW Posted June 8, 2015 Report Posted June 8, 2015 have you herd a box like your describing? i'd say properly designed ported box would be your best bet. maybe do a search on what works best for the dc audio level 3, see some other boxes people have built for that sub. then build to spec
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.