Second Skin Audio

Box Idea - Good or Bad?

I plan on doing a ported box, 0 common walls. The port will be internal and external, with the external portion flush against rear seats porting through the ski hole. Now my question is, with everything sealed off, like rear deck and all so no back pressure or rear wave exists, is a basic ported box a good idea? I'm trying to figure out if the sub moving in a chamber ( the entire trunk) that is not being pressurized will hurt output.

If this is a bad idea, I would make a 4th order and port through the ski hole..

thoughts? Does this make sense?

So there will be no way for the output coming directly from the cone to get into the cabin? If so you will more or less have a one-note wonder. All you are going to hear is the output of the port, which has a very limited frequency range.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

So there will be no way for the output coming directly from the cone to get into the cabin? If so you will more or less have a one-note wonder. All you are going to hear is the output of the port, which has a very limited frequency range.

exactly. So it sounds like I would need a 4th order then. That way it includes the woofer into the cabin it will be pressurizing.

Archived