Pioneer Headunit Problems- Lil Help

alright so one of my friends, his headunit is acting goofy. he says the words are cutting out but the bass is always there. i have never had this problem but he thinks there might be dust or something on his lense. he was wondering if you could take one of those dvd lense cleaner things and put it in a cd player? ive never heard of anyone doing this but i would like to know also. any input would be great, he has the best buy warranty and everything so if worst comes to worse he can take it back. thanks guys

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

they should all be those stupid stock clamp on ones connected to the speakers. he was a dumbass and wasted money for bestbuy to install everything so idk if they would have messed anything up. can you put one of those dvd lense cleaners in a HU without breaking anything and it actually working?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

it sounds like it is grounding out on the speaker lead or the hu is going bad try pulling the deck out and testing it with a dmm on continuity then u will know for sure if it is grounding out or it is the hu hope this helps

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

check the speaker wires for continuity? if so ill tell him to, he was the one that went to best buy in the first place. i would have done it right the first time and if for some reason i fucked up i would help him and be a friend. its his money, i just wanted the experiece and build pics =)

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

check the speaker wires for continuity? if so ill tell him to, he was the one that went to best buy in the first place. i would have done it right the first time and if for some reason i fucked up i would help him and be a friend. its his money, i just wanted the experiece and build pics =)

you seem like you feel betrailed

i am lol, i have my experience, and he didnt trust me. his first system he bought he blew (kenwood subs) now his kickers i saved because he had the gain and bassboost turned all the way up, they would have blown in a couple days the way he ran them. i re-set his amp and saved his stuff.

alright now he jus told me that now sometimes his subs cut out also. im thinking sumthin is wrong with the HU. who agree's?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Archived