Also my trunk rattles still just a little bit on max volume so I'm guessing there's still a little more sealing to do but its definitely like 95 % sealed now I really want to meter it but not sure of anywhere to do it around me. I'd like to go to a show or competition but again not sure where they are at or how to find them.

Thanks, the HDS310's are beast and at almost 2k off the T1500 i am under powering Them. Thought about getting another but my electrical wouldn't support it and i would have to ditch the AC and get another HO alt. So this is as big as i will go.

The kick panels in the pic where my first attemp at fiberglassing but i am not stranger to body work. Once i made the kick panels and they turned out as good as they did i said fuck it and did the doors. So really it takes courage and patients. And if ya fuck up.... just redo them. Paint or fabric is the hardest part IMO.

I was going for SQ but turn out more SPL/SQ. The things i has learned so far are amazing to where i came from years ago. But its a great hobby. wifes 2012 Malibu has a nice system, plan to change out HU and tweak a few things but have to get back to the Lance before winter comes since i dont have a garage.

IMG_1938_zps7d8826b3.jpg

IMG_1942_zps39c39016.jpg

T3's are in the wife's car. I will keep the 6.5" kick panels and make new ones for the 8".

IMG_1908_zps490cbf90.jpg

Door panel went from 3.5 lbs to 11 lbs when i was done. solid as fuck!

IMG_1905_zps8e99a6db.jpg

IMG_1727_zps270b1b3b.jpg

Finished concept but with a 8" mid bass in the kick.

Driversidemidbassupgrade006_zpsa8ac7d25.

Cuting kick panel metal for porting and room for the 8" driver,

Driversidemidbassupgrade008_zps8e26051f.

Finished product. More to see if you look up 03 Lancer build.

Keep up the good work on your build. Tuned in to your progress.

Thanks, the HDS310's are beast and at almost 2k off the T1500 i am under powering Them. Thought about getting another but my electrical wouldn't support it and i would have to ditch the AC and get another HO alt. So this is as big as i will go.

The kick panels in the pic where my first attemp at fiberglassing but i am not stranger to body work. Once i made the kick panels and they turned out as good as they did i said fuck it and did the doors. So really it takes courage and patients. And if ya fuck up.... just redo them. Paint or fabric is the hardest part IMO.

I was going for SQ but turn out more SPL/SQ. The things i has learned so far are amazing to where i came from years ago. But its a great hobby. wifes 2012 Malibu has a nice system, plan to change out HU and tweak a few things but have to get back to the Lance before winter comes since i dont have a garage.

IMG_1938_zps7d8826b3.jpg

IMG_1942_zps39c39016.jpg

T3's are in the wife's car. I will keep the 6.5" kick panels and make new ones for the 8".

IMG_1908_zps490cbf90.jpg

Door panel went from 3.5 lbs to 11 lbs when i was done. solid as fuck!

IMG_1905_zps8e99a6db.jpg

IMG_1727_zps270b1b3b.jpg

Finished concept but with a 8" mid bass in the kick.

Driversidemidbassupgrade006_zpsa8ac7d25.

Cuting kick panel metal for porting and room for the 8" driver,

Driversidemidbassupgrade008_zps8e26051f.

Finished product. More to see if you look up 03 Lancer build.

Keep up the good work on your build. Tuned in to your progress.

I love my hds312s for the price can't really beat them and maybe someday I'll work up the courage to tackle the doors lol and I've actually read through your whole build log and it's very impressive definitely took your time on it everything is clean looking.

I'm trying to keep doing little things to my system to improve on it but trying not to spend a whole lot of money on it either which is very difficult with car audio lol it's coming along slowly though.

Thanks man. Ya its hard in this hobby to not spend a shit ton of money in a hurry. Its mainly the time someone puts into it. I have almost 4 yrs in the lancer. Hell i have like 3 months in the wife's car and still not done. If you have a garage and it's not your daily driver than that can make life easier but usually not the case.

And its the little tweaks that really help the systems along. I would have loved to have done some HDS312s but i would have had to build the enclosure in the trunk and i wasn't ready for that. So 2 10's work pretty good. Car is loud as fuck when the system is up and running. there are only a couple lame comps here in the summer. Lots of systems but no shows or comps. Bummer.

Thanks man. Ya its hard in this hobby to not spend a shit ton of money in a hurry. Its mainly the time someone puts into it. I have almost 4 yrs in the lancer. Hell i have like 3 months in the wife's car and still not done. If you have a garage and it's not your daily driver than that can make life easier but usually not the case.

And its the little tweaks that really help the systems along. I would have loved to have done some HDS312s but i would have had to build the enclosure in the trunk and i wasn't ready for that. So 2 10's work pretty good. Car is loud as fuck when the system is up and running. there are only a couple lame comps here in the summer. Lots of systems but no shows or comps. Bummer.

No problem. I've been working on the system basically since I got the car started with my old alpine mrp-m1000 and a couple of 15 inch Rockford p1s in a sealed box that was way to small then I traded those subs for a couple of kicker cvr 12s then went from those to a couple sundown e series 12s and a couple of hifonics 1500 watt amps then got my alpine mrx-m240 and upgrades subs to the hds312s came quite a ways since I got the car in 2012 lol should have replaced the radio first that seemed to make the most difference in the sound quality at least.

I love actually installing and learning more than actually listening to the system although I do love listening to it and knowing I put in the work to make it sound the way it does. It's funny showing some people around here my system and they think it's crazy loud lol if they only could here one of these guys with 4 18s and 20k watts lol this is the loudest set up I've heard so far other than a buddies 2 sundown sa 12s in a civic powered by a rf 1500bdcp pretty close though his hit a lot lower wondering if maybe I could tune my box a little Lower and hit the lows better ?

I'm going to try and find a show or comp around me I really would like to check one out and see and listen to some crazy set ups had a car show not far from me with a stereo competition but only 3 cars showed up lol so wasn't much of a show there was a guy with a 97 cutlass supreme with 6 12s walled behind the front seats pretty clean and loud never sat in it though so not sure how loud it really was

I would stick with what you have for now. Keep tweaking the little things and do all the upgrades you want. If you still not happy then redo enclosure. my 2 cents anyway.

I would stick with what you have for now. Keep tweaking the little things and do all the upgrades you want. If you still not happy then redo enclosure. my 2 cents anyway.

Just got to looking at my box and somehow when I made the box I messed the port up its supposed to be 4.5 inches wide and it's only 4 wide not sure how much that affects my tuning supposed to be 36 hz

Can I take a little port area away to drop the tuning a little lower on my box? I want to be able to play the lower notes a little better anything below 30 hz it doesn't like to play very loud. Would a 4th order play the lower notes better or should I stick with the box I have now ?

4th orders dont magically play lows. Your current box may have may have a sharp roll off at lower frequencies, that's where modeling your enclosure first usually helps out.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Can I take a little port area away to drop the tuning a little lower on my box? I want to be able to play the lower notes a little better anything below 30 hz it doesn't like to play very loud. Would a 4th order play the lower notes better or should I stick with the box I have now ?

4th orders dont magically play lows. Your current box may have may have a sharp roll off at lower frequencies, that's where modeling your enclosure first usually helps out.

Well I'm not sure what's going on but this box doesn't play the lows very well at all. I didn't design the box though joe x was the one who designed it maybe I need a better box I'm more than willing to build one but I'm horrible at designing them I thought joe x knew what he was doing so I trusted him and built the box. If someone is willing to help me design a box for the subs that will play the lows better and also play the highs still I will build a new box and take my time on it and make it really good.

Archived