I just got a new XS power battery for under the hood. I have seen that you should give them a full charge before installing them. Is there anyone in the Sacramento area that has a charger that would be willing to let me get a charge? I am willing to pay if need be but I just want to make sure I take care of this batt so that it will take care of me.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Sitting at 12.82v sounds good to me. I can't wait to get this thing in. I've been battling distortion issues for a while I really think this is going to be my resolve. Big 3 and batt should be in this week and I couldn't be more excited.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

With the voyage drop I am getting it should make a significant difference. I've done everything to this point except a batt and big 3. I'm only running 1000w so an alternator shouldn't be needed.

After tuning my amp with a DD-1, and running 1/0 wire. I have found that when I play my sub in the higher volume my VC gets extremely hot. I also found my voltage getting into the 12.4 range. With a battery that should keep me up in the 13v range I can see this making a big difference.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

I plan on making a video for a before and after test. I will post my results to either prove or disprove my theory about voltage drop/current rise Vs distortion.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Very good. I will retune that way. This goes against everything I've read. But it makes sense when you put it that way. I'll try anything at this point.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Archived