Air bag light turns on with 30 seconds of play time.

Does anybody out here have a remedy to stop air bag light from turning on? Be it disconnecting sensors, finding equivalent resistance value to trick computer there still there but not to fault out under pressure. I play system for 30 seconds plus and it lights up dash air bag light. Turn off turn on what awhile and it shuts off. The vehicle is a 2014 Durango hitting a 154.1 did not this would be loud enough to cause this problem. I read about other people hitting higher numbers and nothing as far as airbags, sensors, or dash light indicators messing up. Anything will help just do not want issues wi t have vehicle warranty.

Well the thing is if you unplug 1 airbag your entire airbag system will not work, and your airbag light will be on 24/7.

Its a fail safe thing, so if your airbag light is on, the system also wont deploy at all no matter if your vehicle gets smashed to nothing.

Chances are trying to trick the system with a resistor could cause a deploy of all air bags, so that is also something you dont want to do.

I also have never heard of someones system messing with their airbag system.

If it was me Id think that there is something more to the system kicking the light on than your stereo.

All plugs that have to do with airbag systems for any manufacture or year as long as the vehicle is new enough to have airbags will be yellow plugs.

These plugs typically have a clip that holds them into place, with an additional pin going through the plug as a second fail safe for it to not come unplug (similar to the pin on a fire extinguisher or a grenade).

These pins are usually kinda hard to pull out most of the time, so chances of them vibrating out, and then having the plug unclip are slim to none!

Personally I wouldn't go tampering with the system yourself.

There is a lot to know, and if you dont know it could cause them to deploy.

Stupid things like disconnecting the battery and letting the vehicle sit 30minutes before unplugging a sensor.

Like I said I bet there is another issue at hand with the vehicle and has nothing to do with your stereo system.

Ha..

and just like that here is your issue..

http://www.edmunds.com/recalls/dodge.html

Over 6 million vehicles are involved in the Takata airbag recalls, which have occurred as far back as 18 months ago and as recently as October 20, 2014.

and farther down on that page I linked under dodge durango section:
http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2014-dodge-durango-jeep-grand-cherokee-recalled-for-airbag-defect.html

Chrysler Group is recalling an estimated 184,215 2014 Dodge Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee SUVs to fix an airbag defect, the automaker said on Tuesday.

The affected SUVs may have internal electrical short-circuits that could cause the airbags and seatbelt pretensioners to fail.

"This condition may cause airbag warning lamps to illuminate, a signal that supplemental restraint systems such as airbags and seatbelt pretensioners may be disabled," the automaker said in a statement.

Chrysler said it is unaware of any related injuries or accidents.

An estimated 126,772 vehicles are in the U.S. The rest are in Canada, Mexico and outside the NAFTA region.

Dealers will replace a control module. A date has not been set for the recall.

"We're preparing to accumulate parts now," wrote Chrysler spokesman Eric Mayne in response to an Edmunds query.

Owners can contact Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403.

"In the interim, customers are advised to use their seatbelts, as always," Chrysler said.

The new Chrysler recall is related to a Ford recall issued last month covering some 2013-'14 Ford C-Max, Fusion, Escape and Lincoln MKZ vehicles.

In an October 2 letter to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, supplier Robert Bosch LLC said the faulty parts had been used in Ford and Chrysler vehicles.

"The component supplier advised Chrysler Group of the issue," Chrysler noted. "Additional investigation by Chrysler Group engineers resulted in this recall."

Edmunds says: Chrysler said all affected customers will be advised when they may schedule service.

That was published on 10/14/2014, so go to your dodge dealership and have them fix it.

Its a MUST that they fix it, and its a MUST that they pay for it (not you), it does not matter if your the original owner of the vehicle or not.
Dont let them try to play it off like the problem wrong with yours is something different than the recall to get out covering it, and dont let them say its due to the stereo system.

Print out the recall and bring it in with you.

Its shady enough that they are not mailing the owners the recall for the vehicle and saying they will be notified when the vehicle is brought in for service, that is potentially someones life on the line for not sending out urgent notices of the recall.

My childhood hero beat me to it, but most likely will be fixed by the recall repair.

My 2006 Charger had a similar issue where the cluster light for passenger airbag was permanently on, and the airbag light near the radio would light up when the beat hit. That issue had to do with the passenger seat being removed and later the key being turned on while some install work was going on.

For some reason this upsets the airbag computer and it wont calibrate the weight sensor properly until the dealer resets it, no matter if the seat is plugged back in, everything is plugged in right, battery reset, nothing fixed it but a trip to dealer.

You can reset those errors yourself too but you just need a fancy computer usually one that lets you change settings on the pcm/ecm and not one of those cheap ones like auto part stores sell or use.

If your scanner has a color lcd touch screen display and costs over $1,000 then its probably up to the job.

One like this Genisys sitting on my tablesaw :D

326739_483786811655639_1043392247_o.jpg
Kind of regret selling it for $900, but needed cash and I made money on it too so I guess I cant complain too much. ha

Simple solution though if you have an airbag unplugged and must start the car, just pull the airbag fuse out and it wont trip its fail safe system. ;)

Thanks for the info I will look into the recall for the air bags. I got my hands full right now took the truck to Texas Heatwave in Austin regardless of the glitch. I did notice it will not do it if the motor isn't running. Key on accessory or ignition on no airbag light. Limited to what I can post with the phone but Rockford Fosgate posted some pics on there Facebook page. I have two more days at the show with any luck someone can baby sit the truck so I can check out the rest of the installs at the show. Problem will be addressed as soon as we get back to Laredo. Really appreciate the quick response. Constantly learning something new even after twenty five years of doing installs.

Archived