Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

DC Leve 3 15s


Recommended Posts

Posted

Was looking to custom enclosure for level 3 15s in a cobalt trunk. My max dimensions for the box are 19in tall x 36in wide x 30in deep. I would prefer to no use all of the height and depth but if it make the subs perform better I am willing to use the space. My goal is for music to get as loud as possible on these subs. I chose them because they like smaller boxes and they are going in a trunk. Much appreciated thank you

Also would like a areo port as I am tight on space

Posted

Here is a suggestion, subs / port firing forward and sealed off, space is not an issue but baffle width and slot will achieve more port area than aeros, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 5/8", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside is even possible, you need to build a cardboard dummy box first to test fit in it's way inside,

dcl3.jpg

T-SFPFDBNoturn-1.jpg

Posted

Here is a suggestion, subs / port firing forward and sealed off, space is not an issue but baffle width and slot will achieve more port area than aeros, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 5/8", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside is even possible, you need to build a cardboard dummy box first to test fit in it's way inside,

dcl3.jpg

T-SFPFDBNoturn-1.jpg

These measurements on Torres are only giving me about 12in^2 of port area. Rusty recommend that i have bewteen 16-18in^2 which is why I wanted to use an aero port.

Posted

This is your largest baffle possible with the slot port I suggest:

image.jpg

If you use round ports you could fit a couple of 6" which would be even less port area, if you see a way around this I will change it.

But airspeed wise you are fine with that port area:

L3_airspeed.jpg

Even at higher power your airspeed would stay on proper limits.

Posted

This is your largest baffle possible with the slot port I suggest:

image.jpg

If you use round ports you could fit a couple of 6" which would be even less port area, if you see a way around this I will change it.

But airspeed wise you are fine with that port area:

L3_airspeed.jpg

Even at higher power your airspeed would stay on proper limits.

Okay thank you

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3117 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...