what fuse size to use for front & rear battery

0 gauge power cables all around

my question is what size fuse should I get if im using with a 2nd battery or single battery

Dual battery

[ front battery ] -----[fuse - 1 ]------------[ fuse- 2 ]---------[rear battery]-----------[ fuse 3 amp rating fuse ]------ [ amp ]

Single battery

[ front battery ] -----[ amp rating fuse ]------------[ amp ] correct me if im wrong

Between my batteries I fuse for the amount of current my wire can handle at 20ft, even though it's a 10ft run at best. You don't have to fuse for the wire if you current draw won't be that high, but make sure you don't fuse any higher than that.

Between my batteries I fuse for the amount of current my wire can handle at 20ft, even though it's a 10ft run at best. You don't have to fuse for the wire if you current draw won't be that high, but make sure you don't fuse any higher than that.

i dont get what your trying say bro

its like your telling me something but not telling me that something

sorry im slow :D

What wire are you using? Size/brand? OFC or CCA? How much current does your alternator put out at max? And what size fuses do your amps require

What wire are you using? Size/brand? OFC or CCA? How much current does your alternator put out at max? And what size fuses do your amps require

voodoo 0 GAUGE CCA AWG

my alternator is 100A i haven't checked what it puts out max doe ( ill be changing the alternator soon )

sub amp requires 150A fuse other one has built in fuses 40 40

Quick google search says that wire is good to 300A, but I wouldn't fuse higher than what your amps need (230A). Don't know about the quality of that wire either

Archived