Second Skin Audio

New guy lookin for help with some SA-12s

Hey guys, brand new member long time lurker and basshead.My name is Dexter, I am from new York currently and drive a 2014 Nissan rogue. I have had many a system in my 36 years of life but never really dug into it like I am for this one. I usually just buy whatever box will fit in whatever space I have and have always gotten my subs from a big box store with the exception of a pair of hifonics 12s I had about 18 years ago.

This time around I am going with two SA-12s in a custom enclosure with an audiobahn a8000m (had the amp already) final load of 2ohms. I have been trolling around at all the dual ported design threads for sa-12s and started to cut last night but I just feel that the box is super small for the area I have. Is this going to make a big difference? I have tons of room in the back, but if I don't need to fill it, being able to throw SOME groceries wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

The box specs are 16.5H 34w 21d with a port width of 3-3/4 tuned to 33hz and vb 4ft^3.

I listen to mostly rap,bass (dj majik Mike, bass overload etc..) ,dubstep and stuff like that.

I listen to lots of other types of music also, but I'm not really concerned with optimizing for it. I would rather have the bassy music sound the best. I'm looking for a nicely rounded application. I love big boomy bass but also like to be punched in the back of the head by some punchy bass. Can anyone tell me if this box is gonna do that for me or should I have someone design one for my specific application? Thanks for listening and thanks in advance for any input!

What are the ports dimensions? I am not great with port area requirements but you are on pretty good with box size and tuning.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm