GT_RAIDER Posted July 28, 2015 Report Posted July 28, 2015 Hi Guys. Hoping someone could help me. I have my DVC subwoofer connected at 2 ohms (Parallel) and I have it bridged on my 2 channel monoblock. But for some reason its audibly much louder when i wire the sub each voice coil on its own channel which would then mean 4 ohm. Why would this be? am i missing something?
GT_RAIDER Posted July 28, 2015 Author Report Posted July 28, 2015 2 channel monoblock? I think I used the wrong terms, Its a monoblock with two hookups
GT_RAIDER Posted July 28, 2015 Author Report Posted July 28, 2015 2 channel monoblock? 2 channel monoblock? I think I used the wrong terms, Its a monoblock with two hookups Is the amp somehow bridged internally that I have the wrong wiring setup here?
dsw422 Posted July 28, 2015 Report Posted July 28, 2015 if it is a monoblock then it is 1 channel. most of the time the amplifier will have to input 4 speaker wires giving you flexibility for hooking up. if you wire down to 2 ohms, be sure that you have bridged the connections, usually the outside two inputs, positive and negative 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
GT_RAIDER Posted July 28, 2015 Author Report Posted July 28, 2015 if it is a monoblock then it is 1 channel. most of the time the amplifier will have to input 4 speaker wires giving you flexibility for hooking up. if you wire down to 2 ohms, be sure that you have bridged the connections, usually the outside two inputs, positive and negative that sorted it out thanks. I was using the wrong terminals
dsw422 Posted July 28, 2015 Report Posted July 28, 2015 if it is a monoblock then it is 1 channel. most of the time the amplifier will have to input 4 speaker wires giving you flexibility for hooking up. if you wire down to 2 ohms, be sure that you have bridged the connections, usually the outside two inputs, positive and negativethat sorted it out thanks. I was using the wrong terminals Your welcome 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.