CamEnglish Posted July 29, 2015 Report Posted July 29, 2015 I might be trading my Yamaha blaster (valued at $600) for 3 12" mofos plus $350. Is that a good deal? 2009 Chevy 2500HD 6" Lift 35" Nittos 22"x13" Fuel Kranks Pioneer App Radio 3 Alpine 500x5 Memphis PRX 1.1000 Memphis Mojo5 12" Red Oracle Halos
dsw422 Posted July 29, 2015 Report Posted July 29, 2015 sounds like it if they are new. you can buy 3 brand new for $366 on amazon. 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
audiofanaticz Posted July 29, 2015 Report Posted July 29, 2015 I wouldnt do it. they are mofos. not that great
CamEnglish Posted July 29, 2015 Author Report Posted July 29, 2015 Im not planning on putting them in my truck perminatly i just wanna mess around with them really 2009 Chevy 2500HD 6" Lift 35" Nittos 22"x13" Fuel Kranks Pioneer App Radio 3 Alpine 500x5 Memphis PRX 1.1000 Memphis Mojo5 12" Red Oracle Halos
CamEnglish Posted July 29, 2015 Author Report Posted July 29, 2015 1500 rms on 2.5 voice coil? is that a red flag? Or is that possible 2009 Chevy 2500HD 6" Lift 35" Nittos 22"x13" Fuel Kranks Pioneer App Radio 3 Alpine 500x5 Memphis PRX 1.1000 Memphis Mojo5 12" Red Oracle Halos
audiofanaticz Posted July 29, 2015 Report Posted July 29, 2015 I dunno, I just think there is something off with trading a quad that you can have a lot of fun on for some flea market gear. They are not to strong of woofers and if you blow them (if they already not having signs of wear and tear) you get a whole 350$ for your quad.
CamEnglish Posted July 29, 2015 Author Report Posted July 29, 2015 What would you pay for them if you just wanted to screw around with them in your girlfriends trunk in a 4th order? Just need some opinions 2009 Chevy 2500HD 6" Lift 35" Nittos 22"x13" Fuel Kranks Pioneer App Radio 3 Alpine 500x5 Memphis PRX 1.1000 Memphis Mojo5 12" Red Oracle Halos
audiofanaticz Posted July 29, 2015 Report Posted July 29, 2015 1500 rms on 2.5 voice coil? is that a red flag? Or is that possible I think the old version ones are 1200 watts rms, the new ones claim 1500 watts rms. You look at any other manufacture that produces a 2.5 inch coil you wont find anywhere near that kind of a claim. DC Audio level 2: 600rms Sundown SA series: 600rms Skar VVX: 600rms Those are just 3 examples of woofers that would shit all over the power acoustik mofo series, all with 2.5inch coils. Granted those 3 examples have done decent r&d work to make the woofers cooling way better and will handle more than their 600wrms rating.
audiofanaticz Posted July 29, 2015 Report Posted July 29, 2015 What would you pay for them if you just wanted to screw around with them in your girlfriends trunk in a 4th order? Just need some opinions I wouldnt pay nothing. I wouldnt even be tempted to buy them. They are throw away speakers, once blown they are useless. Id find a brand that at least offers recones so incase the speaker ever did blow I could recone it and have a working sub still. In my opinion your throwing money out the window to play with some used subs that are probably beat to hell and wont last long, and would be better off buying a used sub from a reputable company.
audiofanaticz Posted July 29, 2015 Report Posted July 29, 2015 I mean its your money, and your quad so do with it as you please. But I couldnt see spending $50 buying them, I couldnt even see myself in good conscious selling them for $50 to some kid that knows no better.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.