Second Skin Audio

Box Helpy

Well when coming to finding out how to build a box with the right dimensions i have no idea what I'm doing. Thats why I'm here to ask you guys for your help. If i get measurements and stuff i can build it. I'm not to good at finding them out though, so I'm looking for 5cubes and tuned for 33hz. it will be going in a Cherokee.

looking for any help :blush:

If it helps its 1 DD 9515

BTW i WOULD but can try others like the sub and port were back.

Edited by infkt

one thing that would help out in makeing a design for your box would be the acc. measurements of the inside of the jeep,whats the widest it can be, how tall and how deep (just max measurements) and then the designer will know how to direct you better to makeing the cuts ect... and it be to your car specs

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

if you put the sub on top and port firing back, that'll allow the box to be a lil shorter which helps with port sizing. i came up with

14" high

41" wide (to fit between the wheel wells)

23.5" deep

with a port of 5" high, 9" wide, and 15" deep.

the port is a lil on the small side as far as square inches go, but if you have a 9515 i'm sure you have somethin nice to power it, so a smaller port *shouldnt* hinder it any.

im a little lost. i get the 14x41x23.5 but i don't get the port. i have to cut a square out the front piece and make it 5 high by 9 wide and 15 deep by gluing pieces on right?

Yes... u have to lets say make a box inside the box, if that makes sense and u have to be 15in deep and keep a constant 5x9 the whole port

2000 Chevy Blazer

ALT. - Mechman 270amp

DECK - Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

INTERIOR - Infinity Reference 6020cs

INT. AMP - RF P400-4

SUBS - 2 15" RF Punch P3s

SUB AMP - RF T1000-1bd

REAR BATT. - Stinger SPP1200

Just a lil sum sum to get me back in the game!!

if you put the sub on top and port firing back, that'll allow the box to be a lil shorter which helps with port sizing. i came up with

14" high

41" wide (to fit between the wheel wells)

23.5" deep

with a port of 5" high, 9" wide, and 15" deep.

the port is a lil on the small side as far as square inches go, but if you have a 9515 i'm sure you have somethin nice to power it, so a smaller port *shouldnt* hinder it any.

is that tuned to 32hz?